Everyone wants to learn to play ukulele, for several reasons such as:
- It’s affordable.
- It has a happy sound!
- It’s fun to sing along to.
- It’s portable.
And so much more! In fact, the Ukulele Movement has kindly listed 101 reasons why you should play an ukulele. You don’t have to read it all to realize why the uke is worth learning, but for us, here’s the gist:
It’s easy to learn to play the ukulele.
According to uke players who are taking private ukulele lessons with music teachers from Classes A to Z, it gets even easier, rewarding, and more fun to learn when you’re taking lessons and jamming along with your teacher!
In no time at all you could be jamming to easy ukulele songs for beginners. If you look in the internet, you’ll also find plenty of resources that should be helpful for beginners to learn to play ukulele.
But what happens all too often is that you get bombarded with too many choices and even contradicting information. Having too many resources can actually be a bad thing because you have to dig through piles of information, pulling the focus from learning to choosing the right resources.
Wouldn’t it be so much easier if the proper way to learn how to play easy ukulele songs for beginners was just handed to you?
We couldn’t agree more!
Working with a ukulele teacher isn’t just about paying someone to teach you to play the uke. The perks that come along with it include, but are not limited to:
- No more ‘treasure hunting’. No need to read through heaps of useless information just to get to the good stuff you need to know.
- Elimination of guesswork. Is your uke tuned correctly? A ukulele teacher can tell you. They can also teach provide you with ear training and solutions for tuning. Are you strumming the right way? A ukulele teacher can show you the proper way to strum and pluck those strings.
- Developing skill. When you learn to play ukulele alone, the bar is undoubtedly quite low. Why not, there’s no one to compare yourself with! Once you hear how beautiful each chord is really supposed to sound and your ukulele teacher shows you how to do it the right way, you’ll be more conscious about developing your skills!
- Building repertoire. There are countless songs you can play out there, even as a beginner. The sheer amount of choices will have you jumping from one song to another and mastering none! With a teacher, you can focus on learning one song at a time and really getting it before you move on to the next song.
- No matter how much you want to learn to play ukulele, it could easily become least priority and eventually forgotten. Booking at least a lesson or two will encourage you to keep practicing!
- Jamming sessions with an expert. How often do you get a chance to play with a skilled musician? Once you learn at least the basics you can expect really fun jamming sessions with your teacher every once in a while, and you’ll have a FANTASTIC time.
There are plenty of amazing ukulele teachers in your area offering affordable lessons if you only knew where to look. Thankfully, many of them are listed at Classes A to Z!
11+ Exams 13+ Exams Become a Singer Danish Language Eleven Plus Exams Entrance Examination Preparation Fitness Instructor Fitness Instructor London German Language Greek Language How to Sing Better Japanese Language Korean Language Learn to Play Learn to Play Piano Learn to Play Ukulele Learn to Sing Nguni Language Norwegian Language Personal Trainer Personal Trainer London private tutor Study Methods Tagalog Language Verbal Reasoning Test Verbal Reasoning Tests Vocal Exercises Vocal Technique Yaghan Language Yoga Exercises Yoga Lessons in London